Exams and Cleaning in Kingwood, TX
Our teeth are just as important as any other organ in our body. Keeping our teeth strong and healthy is essential. Maintaining good oral hygiene ensures that you are safe from oral diseases. That is why you should brush and floss your teeth regularly. Visiting a dentist near you also enables your dentist to monitor the state of your dental health.
During a dental examination, tests are conducted to determine whether or not a person has oral problems such as tooth decay and gingivitis. Oral health problems are often a result of poor hygiene. These examinations cannot be efficiently done at home because they require special medical equipment and knowledge.
Therefore, it is crucial to routinely visit a reputable dental practice offering dental exams and cleaning near you. Dr. Lewis C. Cummings at Houston Oral Healthcare Specialists offers affordable exams and cleanings in Kingwood, TX. When you schedule an appointment with Dr. Lewis C. Cummings, you will receive guidance on how to best care for your mouth and teeth.
The Importance of Dental Exams and Cleaning
- Dental exams allow dentists to monitor their patients’ oral health
- Dental exams allow dentists to discover any dental problems before they escalate
- Dental cleanings eliminate the accumulation of bacteria, plaque, and tartar on teeth
- Dental cleanings prevent the development of dental issues and the need for more invasive and costlier dental care
How Best to Care for Your Teeth
To keep your teeth strong and healthy, it is advisable to:
- Brush your teeth at least twice a day using the appropriate brushing technique.
- Eat healthy foods such as fruits to ensure you strengthen your teeth.
- Reduce the consumption of sweets and sugary foods.
- When participating in sports, wear a mouthguard to prevent tooth damage.
- Use mouthwash and tooth floss.
- Keep up with scheduled visits to your dentist in Kingwood, TX, for exams and cleanings.
To schedule an appointment for a dental exam or cleaning, give Houston Oral Healthcare Specialists a call today. We will be happy to help you get your dental health back on track so that you can enjoy optimal overall health.